Re: [Authentic_SCA] The funny thing about Pennsic Food

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 4, 2006
      > Speaking of honey, have you or Bogdan ever read a book called 'Honey, Mud,
      > Maggots and Other Medical Miracles' by Robert and Michele Root-Bernstein?

      I haven't yet, though it has called to me on several occasions. I'm
      thinking I may read it in the spring... if I'm lucky. :) Thanks for the
      recommendation. Is that book in our group database books listings? I don't
      recall seeing it there.

      Anyway, I'd still be interested to hear the results of the lemon
      > experiments.

      The control lemon that wasn't put into anything was deemed bad on or about
      December 24, IIRC. The one sealed in the clear glass container still looks
      fine. The one sealed in the pottery container we can't tell. We're waiting
      for the one in the glass jar to go bad and then we'll investigate the
      pottery one, rather than opening and re-sealing the container with plater
      every time we want to peek. The experiment has been going on for about 3
      months now. :)

      Smiles,
      Despina

    • Amy Heilveil