Re: [Authentic_SCA] Digest Number 3100

  • Nibuca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      Anne,
      Jehanne wrote:
      > I didn't see Sylvie last night, I know she just
      moved and is
      > flying out to see family shortly for the holidays,
      however, I do
      > know she made a pair of mittens based on the style
      in the link
      > below and lined them with rabbit fur -

      http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/gloves/gloves.htm

      They weren't so much "lined with rabbit fur" as "made
      of rabbit hide with the fur towards the inside".

      To make them I made muslin mockups and snipped away
      everything that didn't resemble a two fingered mitten.
      Then I traced this pattern onto a rabbit hide, cut it
      out and stitched it together. Someday I hope to be
      able to find my pattern and put it on my website.

      If you're in the West Kingom (or at Estrella this
      year) I'd be happy to show them to you.

      Lady Sylvie la chardonnière
      West Kingdom, Province of the Mists