inventories

  • kittencat3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
      Does anyone out there have or know where I could find a copy of the inventory
      of either Edward IV, his daughter Elizabeth of York, or of Henry VIII's
      children Edward and Mary? Thanks in advance -

      Sarah Davies

    • Wanda Pease
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
        Does anyone out there have or know where I could find a copy of the
        inventory
        of either Edward IV, his daughter Elizabeth of York, or of Henry VIII's
        children Edward and Mary? Thanks in advance -

        Sarah Davies
        ------------------

        There are Wardrobe accounts for Elizabeth of York, Privy Purse Expenses of
        the Princess Mary, Afterwards Queen Mary; The Inventories of Henry VIII, ed
        by David Starkey include Edward's stuff. Somewhere I would swear I have
        Wardrobe accounts or Privy Purse expenditures for Edward IV, but they aren't
        coming to hand at the moment. I have the Wardrobe accounts of Edward I, but
        it helps if you read Latin :-).

        Interestingly there must have been an inventory of the Crown Jewels taken
        when Jane Grey was Crowned since it is mentioned as being in Harleian
        Manuscript 611.

        Regina Romsey (who is collecting inventories and really Must get them
        together instead of spread all over the house)

      • Marybeth Lavrakas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
          I'm not aware of published inventories for the people
          you mentioned. You can get Henry Fitzroy and Catherine
          of Aragon's inventories, though, and I think some of
          her old stuff may have been 'left over' from Ed IV's
          time.

          Camden Miscellany Old Series (Volume LXI?), 1855
          Inventories of the wardrobes, plate, chapel stuff,
          etc., of Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond, and of the
          wardrobe stuff at Baynard's Castle of Katherine,
          Princess Dowager, ed. John Gough Nichols

          Lady Kateryn Rous, CP
          House Broussard
          Windmasters Hill
          http://sca.livingpast.com
        • m d b
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
            > Does anyone out there have or know where I could find a copy of the
            inventory
            > of either Edward IV, his daughter Elizabeth of York, or of Henry
            VIII's
            > children Edward and Mary? Thanks in advance -

            http://www.r3.org/bookcase/wardrobe/ward1.html
            Privy purse accounts for Elizabeth of York. Lots of crimson and blue
            draperies for chairs and the like;) some clothing bits and pieces as
            well.

            michaela/Willemyne
            http://glittersweet.com