RE: [Authentic_SCA] Campfire cooking

  • Wanda Pease
    Message 1 of 200 , Dec 30, 2005
      So, I sought a new treat that would fill the same space as s'mores and
      found tostee in Forme of Cury. Basically you toast bread over the fire
      and then pour on it a mixture of warmed honey & wine, then top it with
      slivers of candied ginger (purchased from the Pepperers' Guild -- try
      not to snack on all of it before you get back to camp). Easy, fun,
      sweet & sticky. My new encampment (where nobody would dream of making
      s'mores) loves it.

      --Morwenna

      Morwenna,

      How do you eat this? It looks to me as though it would be pretty
      sloppy/goopy. Not something you can eat out of your hands, or at least not
      without having wash water and a towel very handy.

      Regina

    • Wanda Pease