RE: [Authentic_SCA] Greetings!

  • Katherine Throckmorton
    Message 1 of 54 , Dec 22, 2005
      Kammy wrote:

      > We are talking hives and the whole nine yards. She is definitely allergic.

      FWIW my mom is very allergic to wool, and she is Ok as long as the wool isn't in contact with her skin. It might be worthwhile to see if your baroness is willing to test this out.

      > I don't think she has a problem with synthetic furs, I know she is
      > hideously allergic to my cats. One hour without her meds and she
      > can't breath!

      Not all fur is the same, if she is interested in a real fur lining it might be worthwhile to test see if, say, sable is OK.

      On the other hand, being allergic to wool is totally period :) And a documentable solution for dealing with the problem is using silk instead.

      -Katherine

      Darth Vader: No disintegrations.
      Boba Fett: As you wish...
      That was all he ever said. What Vader never realized was that when Boba said "As you wish" what he was really saying was, "I love you."

    • Katherine Throckmorton
      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 22, 2005