to fur or not to fur, that is the question

  • Ann M Morton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2005
      there is a snip here:
      There's a
      reason why fur is used, especially in period without access to spiffy
      new polypro fibers. It's windproof, and the fur is ideally suited for
      trapping air; and traps moisture without losing its ability to trap
      air. There is no real substitute for fur trim on a hood, or around a
      sleeve hem.

      stasia

      And bravo also for the beautiful fur coat photo too from Despina. I don' t but new furs, but like others on this list, I buy from ebay and rework old furs. The effect is beautiful and cannot be reproduced from fake fur. It seems like to each our own. I prefer the look of real fur, even 70 year old fur. If you do not like it, don't wear it. I will post my sidecoat with fur as well as my Burgundian as soon as I can get the camera from my teenager. I just cannot seem to take myself seriously wearing synthietic fur.

      From California, the kingdom of fur haters and spray painters,
      Marsaili