How about silk? was Re: Greetings!

  • cynthiadew1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2005
      I have found some lovely silk in the Fabric District in L.A. in the past year. Not the modern silk, which is very slick or blouse weight. Some of the silk fabric had a hand woven look to it. Well, it could have been handwoven, since the thread count was about 10-20 threads per inch. There is also the raw silk, which when washed develops a nice nubbly look and soft feel. If you do a search on the internet, there are some shops that sell online and by mail. I think the shop where I buy the hand woven silk is Moon Fabrics, I have his card at home.

      Baroness Cynthia de W