top posting/fulling wool

  • Kristen Dahle
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14 6:57 AM
      There's a huge argument on another list about top posting and trimming posts right now. I guess I don't really care as long as I can see "new" stuff right away, either at the very top or after a very short snip from a previous post. If all I see when I open an e-mail is stuff I've already read in another post, I delete it.

      So, for my on-topic part of this post, I'm about to full wool yardage that I recently finished weaving. I'm hearing (and reading) contradictory information about fulling cloth. Some say that because I'm using commercially-purchased yarn, I should only use cool water and nothing else to full the cloth. Some insist that I should use some kind of fulling helper (Ivory soap, etc.). However, only one of my modern sources so far has actually fulled homewoven yardage. Most are fulling small pieces or store-bought yardage. I'd love to hear from other weavers about fulling yardage before I plunge into this next step.

      Pax,
      Elisa