new thread - chair decoration

  • Ann Morton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2005
      I am having a tuam chair built. The craftsman has remarked that the
      long back would be a great place for carving a decoration, or (in his
      opinion because he does not do carving) perhaps a copper, brass, or
      pewter decorative strip to attach to the chair. As it is 5/5" x 22",
      I think that this idea may have merit, especially if there is any kind
      of documentation on the decoration of these chairs. Any thoughts or
      suggestions? If it is feasible, suggestions for a metal worker who
      might do this piece to put on the chair will be most gratefully
      accepted.

      Plans for chair to refresh your memory:

      http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/chair1tuam.pdf

      Marsaili inghean Aindrais