spammer on the list

  • Ann M Morton
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
      On another of our SCA lists this was revealed to be a spammer advertising is own stuff:

      Message: 4
      Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:02:14 -0000
      From: "the_aberrant001" <the_aberrant001@...>
      Subject: Re: New SCA movie online

      "Hey guys, I was doing a search for this movie, and I found your
      group talking about it. I ordered a copy off Amazon.com a few weeks
      back, and Shane, great job man. I'm really impressed. I love
      independent horror movies, and you've made a fan out of me. Can't
      wait to see what you do next. And everyone else on here, check it
      out, you won't be disappointed.

      Clark"

      I hate this stuff.

      Marsaili

    • Amy Heilveil
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
        Was the original poster (bardic_circle_fan@...) revealed to be a
        spammer or this second poster ("the_aberrant001")? The moderators want to
        make sure they get the right person banned from the list, if they are a
        spammer.

        Thank you for saying something.

      • Heather M
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
          Amy Heilveil wrote:

          > Was the original poster (bardic_circle_fan@...) revealed to be a
          > spammer or this second poster ("the_aberrant001")? The moderators want to
          > make sure they get the right person banned from the list, if they are a
          > spammer.
          >
          > Thank you for saying something.

          Were it my list, I'd ban both. They've both come posted to every list
          that I noted the original ad to have come across.

          Margaret Northwode