correction on hyde glue

  • jeffrey.heilveil@ndsu.edu
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
      Donata said:
      > Hide glue is simple to make, too, just boil scraps of leather(undyed)
      > or parchment in water. Reduce over heat until it is almost gelatinous.
      > Use while hot (it doesn't reheat). Shape and let dry.

      If you add more water to dried hyde glue, it will reconstitute (or hide
      glue, however you prefer to spell it). I only know this because I've done
      it a few times. On the same pot of glue.

      Bogdan

      Jeffrey S. Heilveil, Ph.D.
      Postdoctoral Fellow
      Department of Biological Sciences
      North Dakota State University
      Stevens Hall
      Fargo, ND 58105
      jeffrey.heilveil@...
    • Emmie
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
        > Of course, that's predominantly English fashions, as far as I
        recall,
        > and not German, and it *is* Sixteenth Century, neither of which
        might
        > be very helpful, documentation-wise. (Sorry: not recalling the time-
        > frame for the linen toque.)

        I apologize, I was thinking faster than I was typing and I did not put
        the time frame at hand... 1300-1350 (Manesse Codex.) Al of the input
        has been wonderful, thank you!

        Elisabeth