Re: [Authentic_SCA] Make-up

  • Albrecht von Arnsperg
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2 3:12 PM
      I've been away from the list for a while, but I thought I could shed some light on this question.

      A 10th century Arab merchant named Ibrahim al-Tartushi described the use of eye makeup by the inhabitants of Hedeby:

      "There is also an artificial make-up for the eyes; when they use it their beauty never fades, but on the contrary it increases in men and women as well."

      Hope that helps.

      Albrecht

      Frederick <mage_iii@...> wrote:
      Last week I just remembered something I read somwhere (forgot where
      though) which I can't find now.

      I read that norse guys wore eye makeup like the egyptions. I've been
      searching to see if this was true and have not found anything.
      Does anyone know if it is true?

      ~Frederick~

      This is the Authentic SCA eGroup

      Credit history Check credit history Credit history report Free credit history Credit history repair Credit history score