Italian Football

  • Don MacDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      A bit of an oddball question. Does anyone know where in Florence one would have gone to
      view a football (soccer, calcio) match? I know that the wonderful calcio storico Fiorentino is
      held yearly in Piazza Santa Croce, but was that a spot for games back then?

      Also, on a completely unrelated note: can anyone point me to some images of the French
      court around 1500? Machiavelli went there in 1501 as an envoy and I'm looking to draw an
      interior of the throne room...

      Thanks,
      Don