OT - Help finding quilting poem

  • ashgrove1293
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2005
      Hello all.

      I have been looking to no avail for a poem I saw about a worn out
      tattered quilt.

      I thought maybe one of you have a link or something to the one I
      can't find.

      The poem was written from the point of view of the quilt and talked
      about how though it was now almost a rag, but had once been very much
      loved.

      I saw this framed with a piece of ragged quilt.

      My Grandma made many comforters before she passed and most of them
      are now really too bad for even the rag bag, but no one will give
      them up, cause Grandma made them. If I could find the poem I am
      thinking of I could frame pieces of them for family for Christmas (or
      whenever)

      Thank you for your time

      Mariassa
      Ashgrove@...
      (feel free to e-mail me directly)
    • Joannah Hansen
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2005
        Mariassa, what a lovely idea.

        If anyone does know of the poem, I would love to have a copy, too, to give to my mother and aunts. The links below are about my grandmother, an avid quilter, story written by my mother, for the National Quilt Register.
        http://snipurl.com/k1sw
        http://snipurl.com/k1st

        Joannah.