Colors/Hot pink/Dyestuffs

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      I think I've gotten lots of relevant responses. ;-) A whole lot more info than I really expected, which is always nice!

      Yes, logwood was very popular, and it was one of the most important and valuable items shipped from the New World. It could be used for cloth, as well as coloring (blue/purple) armor. I'm going to try that one of these days... The most inexpensive sources for logwood dye that I have found have been fur trapping related sites.

      I hadn't really thought much about dyes in relation to C&I, since you can grind up rocks for that, and it isn't quite as effective for cloth. ;-) There is some overlap, obviously.

      Alcyoneus

      So, when Park is more specific, perhaps i can find some resources
      that are actually relevant.
      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita

      "dilitaunt"

      As far as I know so far, you are correct about logwood being New
      World but that still places it in the 1500s. This is hearsay but
      someone I was talking with said they have read about log wood being
      pirated because it was so valuable. Odd thought eh?

      "dilitaunt"