Re: embroidered bags

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
      > In the groups links section, under Accoutriment for daily life, there is
      > link entitled, "Pouches and Purses in Medieval art". Is this for what
      > you
      > are searching?
      > Despina

      Unfortunately that is not the link I am looking for. I have looked all
      through that one looking for the one I remember. I have a vague memory of
      a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have lots
      of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
      myself for loosing that picture.

      Nest

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005

        > I have a vague memory of
        > a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have lots
        > of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
        > myself for loosing that picture.

        Possibly Lady Grizel's medieval beads website then?
        Despina

      • Aliskye
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
          > Unfortunately that is not the link I am looking for. I have looked all
          > through that one looking for the one I remember. I have a vague
          memory of
          > a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have
          lots
          > of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
          > myself for loosing that picture.
          >
          > Nest

          Sweetbags in the V&A maybe?

          http://medieval.webcon.net.au/loc_england_elizabethan_sweetbags.html

          There's a link to the V & A on the page above.

          aliskye
          lyondemere, caid