Re: [Authentic_SCA] embroidered bags

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
      In the groups links section, under Accoutriment for daily life, there is a
      link entitled, "Pouches and Purses in Medieval art". Is this for what you
      are searching?
      Despina

    • Nest verch Tangwistel
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
        > In the groups links section, under Accoutriment for daily life, there is
        > link entitled, "Pouches and Purses in Medieval art". Is this for what
        > you
        > are searching?
        > Despina

        Unfortunately that is not the link I am looking for. I have looked all
        through that one looking for the one I remember. I have a vague memory of
        a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have lots
        of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
        myself for loosing that picture.

        Nest

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005

          > I have a vague memory of
          > a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have lots
          > of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
          > myself for loosing that picture.

          Possibly Lady Grizel's medieval beads website then?
          Despina

        • Aliskye
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
            > Unfortunately that is not the link I am looking for. I have looked all
            > through that one looking for the one I remember. I have a vague
            memory of
            > a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have
            lots
            > of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
            > myself for loosing that picture.
            >
            > Nest

            Sweetbags in the V&A maybe?

            http://medieval.webcon.net.au/loc_england_elizabethan_sweetbags.html

            There's a link to the V & A on the page above.

            aliskye
            lyondemere, caid