embroidered bags

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
      Greetings,

      some time recently someone posted a link to a set of embroidered bags.
      I thin it may have been this list. I thought I marked it, but can't
      find it now. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

      Nest
    • Andrea Huwydd Lycsenbwrg
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
        --- Nest verch Tangwistel <eastarch@...> wrote:

        I thought I
        > marked it, but can't
        > find it now. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

        Yep, I do it all the time.

        Oh! were you asking if the embroidered bags sounded
        familiar, not the process of losing a reference? :-P

        Andrea

        __________________________________
        http://farechase.yahoo.com
      • Christopher Bogs
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
          >some time recently someone posted a link to a set of embroidered bags.
          >I thin it may have been this list. I thought I marked it, but can't
          >find it now. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

          I seem to remember Mistress Marcele de Montsegur posting pics of her
          fantastic "aumoniere sarrazinoise" on this list some time ago, but for the
          life of me I can't seem to track down photos of it -- the one link I found
          was broken (http://artisans-showcase.org/east/items/i_h_000005/index.html).

          Maybe she'll repost if we ask nicely? ;)

          That wasn't a set, I don't think, so it might not be the one you're looking
          for.

          Yrs.,
          Christoph
          Christopher Bogs | Christopher Jameson
          Philadelphia, PA | Barony of Bhakail, EK
          Don't tell my parents I'm in the SCA --
          They think I'm running guns for a biker gang.
        • Christopher Bogs

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
              In the groups links section, under Accoutriment for daily life, there is a
              link entitled, "Pouches and Purses in Medieval art". Is this for what you
              are searching?
              Despina

            • Nest verch Tangwistel
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
                > In the groups links section, under Accoutriment for daily life, there is
                > link entitled, "Pouches and Purses in Medieval art". Is this for what
                > you
                > are searching?
                > Despina

                Unfortunately that is not the link I am looking for. I have looked all
                through that one looking for the one I remember. I have a vague memory of
                a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have lots
                of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
                myself for loosing that picture.

                Nest

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005

                  > I have a vague memory of
                  > a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have lots
                  > of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
                  > myself for loosing that picture.

                  Possibly Lady Grizel's medieval beads website then?
                  Despina

                • Aliskye
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
                    > Unfortunately that is not the link I am looking for. I have looked all
                    > through that one looking for the one I remember. I have a vague
                    memory of
                    > a page of 6 or 7 bags in color, probably from a museum. They may have
                    lots
                    > of beading on them instead of embroidery, or both. I am so upset with
                    > myself for loosing that picture.
                    >
                    > Nest

                    Sweetbags in the V&A maybe?

                    http://medieval.webcon.net.au/loc_england_elizabethan_sweetbags.html

                    There's a link to the V & A on the page above.

                    aliskye
                    lyondemere, caid