Sign posts Change Subjects

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
      These are not difficult things. These are not things that should have to be
      asked repeatedly.
      Please sign all posts to this list - with your name, not your initials, and
      don't suppose that your automatic signature will appear. There are many
      people whose name begins with the letter "D" for me to sign my posts as such
      is a lot of hubris on my part that everyone will just 'know' it's me. It
      also puts off people who don't know me but may have questions about my post.
      Not signing my post makes it difficult for people to politely address me in
      return mail, should they choose to do so.
      Make sure you change the subject line - particularly if you change the
      topic or if you get the list in digest form.
      Please also snip your posts to include only relevant bits. Seeing the same
      post 6 times because folks don't select all then delete before typing and
      sending a message is annoying and rude.
      If you post something for a workshop, class, or event make sure you include
      the KINGDOM, modern and SCA name of the location, time, and date, as well as
      contact information, and any relevant websites. It's nice to see what's
      happening in the larger SCA world but disappointing to find out that an
      event which sounds tremendously interesing is 1,000+ away; particularly when
      you'd decided to attend simply because it sounded so fun but the location
      notice came three days after the event notice was posted on this list. Also,
      there is a calendar for this group - if you've something such as listed
      above, you can put it on the group calendar at the Yahoogroups homepage.
      This is from me as a member of this list. These are things that really
      should not happen because they are just so simple to prevent and they are
      common email courtesy.
      Thank you,
      Despina ot Brasov
      ps, yes, these are buttons for me, rant over