Re: Need an opinion - embroidered scroll

  • arhylda
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2005
      There are actually some later period Byzantine embroidered pieces which consist of block
      lettering (just lettering, in rows, filling a square area). Some of them are religious texts but
      some are also secular poetry.

      If anyone is interested, write to me privately and I'll try to pull out the actual reference for
      you. I remember finding them and thinking - aha! Documentation for embroidered
      'scrolls'! : )

      Maria A.S.
      agrissa at aol dot com