Re: [Authentic_SCA] Hooking up with each other WAS (a long time ago) recognizing each other

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2005
      <snip>
      > My thought is: if you are going to an event and would like to meet
      > up with others on this list, you could put the event on the calendar
      > with your name. Anyone else going to that event and who like to meet
      > up with others on this list could add their name to the list, and
      > folks could email each other off list to make arragements to meet
      > up, sit at feast together, camp together, whatever.
      >
      > I realize this is a Society-wide discussion group, so the calendar
      > might get cluttered; OTOH, I don't know how much this idea will get
      > used.
      >
      > What do folks here think about this?
      >
      > YIS, Gillian Durham

      sounds good to me, but you have to be careful with the settings you use, on
      another list the calendar function gets used relatively frequently but the
      default setting seems to be sending out an automatic email every day for a
      week before the event, which is kinda overkill and it clutters up the
      archives.
      Elizabeth
      Elizabeth Walpole | Elizabeth Beaumont
      ewalpole[at]tpg.com.au