Re: [Authentic_SCA] "Bed Cozy"

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17 7:48 PM
      At 8:47 AM -0700 10/17/05, Ann M Morton wrote:
      >MODERATOR NOTE:
      >PLEASE SIGN ALL YOUR POSTS
      >
      >What something like one of these work as a SCA bed? The natural wool
      >makes it appealing, I am going to buy one for my bed and home and
      >possibly take it with me to events.
      >Ann
      >
      >http://www.simpleliving.com/order/bedcozy_1005.asp?promo_code=Z5J02001&alias_code=72042E

      I suspect that this item is intended to work in combination with a
      regular mattress (and springs) and that used by itself (on the
      ground) it would be quite uncomfortable. If you mean to use it on
      something like a rope-frame bed it might work similarly to a
      featherbed (which works very well for me).

      I do wonder if the advertised "molds to your body shape" is another
      way of saying "felts together in all those places that get the most
      pressure and stays fluffy where it doesn't".

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****
      Heather Rose Jones