Book published or not?

  • morghianna
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2005
      Greetings all,

      I couldn't think of a better place to ask about a period
      documentation book, as everyone here seems so very knowledgeable;o)
      About a year and a half ago, I ordered a book through Amazon.com
      called "Plucked, Shaved & Braided" by Daniela Turudich. It was about
      hair/face/body care in the medieval and Renaissance periods, at least,
      according to the description. After many months of occasional messages
      that 'your order is delayed', I finally received one saying they could
      not fill my order and it was cancelled. I've tried to order through
      various bookfinder services and ABEbooks.com to no avail, and the last
      place told me it looked as if it had never actually _been_ published.
      Has anyone here ever seen it or have it? It looked to be an excellent
      source of information about hairstyles, make-up, etc. for those of us
      interested in being very authentic, and I would love to know if it
      will ever be possible to find a copy? If it was indeed never
      published, does anyone have a suggestion for another book with like
      information?

      Giuliana
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2005
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "morghianna" <morghianna@y...>
        wrote:

        > Has anyone here ever seen it or have it?

        As a matter of fact, I heard this mentioned and yes, it never got
        published. I'm afraid that's all I can tell you.

        You might swing by http://www.virtue.to as I seem to recall that
        Mistress Cynthia had some material on period hairstyles at her site.

        Jehanne de Wodeford, West