Re: [Authentic_SCA] Cross stitch and Mary Queen of Scots

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2005
      Quoting Qara Qulan <qaraqulan@...>:

      > I have recently been messing about with Renaissance cross stitch again. I'm
      > especially interested in the pieces by Mary Queen of Scots (animals, etc.),
      > but I have only been able to find blurry black-and-white photographs in a
      > book on Scottish embroidery. I can't even tell if they're done in long-arm
      > (I would guess this is the case) or short-arm cross stitch, and the book
      > does not specify. Does anyone know where I could find color (preferably
      > large) photographs and whether the pieces are long- or short-arm cross
      > stitch?

      NOpe -- even the V&A admits that most of her slips are done in "regular"
      cross-stitch. If you didn't see the email exchange between a lady from
      the ask Kingdom and the V&A, I can send it to you -- or post it to the
      list.

      I have several images scanned at 300 dpi -- are there any that you are
      particularly interested in? They were scanned from the book The
      Needlework of MAry Queen of Scots -- and the cross-stitch shows up
      rather well at 300 dpi.

      Jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer