Fun with fabric paint - fake Japanese brocades

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Ladies and gentlemen, if you can, please check your photo albums and
      see if there's anything you'd be willing to delete, as we are reaching
      our storage limits.

      That having been said, I'd like to share some Japanese inspired
      projects that I've been working on
      http://www.geocities.com/gurdymonkey/blank_slate.htm shows a home
      decorating solution to my new weird attic loft space.

      http://www.geocities.com/gurdymonkey/orng.jpg is Neopaque white fabric
      paint stencilled on orange dupioni. The silk told me it wanted to be
      court class "boy clothes," so I'm making a hitatare out of it.

      http://www.kariginu.jp/sozai/sozai1-1.htm shows some fabric swatches
      from a Japanese company that sells reproductions of medieval Japanese
      textiles and costumes for festivals.

      http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/ is the home of the Kyoto Costume Museum.
      Their online textile gallery is equally droolworthy.

      And it seems Makiwara finally has a proper name.

      Saionji no Hanae (who is also Jehanne de Wodeford),
      Province of the Mists, West Kingdom