Re: Portrait of pregnant woman c. 1595

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
      I can think of two English ones that I have in books, I will see if I
      can find them online & give you some links. Glad you liked it...
      Margaret
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather M
      <margaretnorthwode@f...> wrote:
      > Now that's just a great find, Margaret! The article mentions that
      other
      > portraits of pregnant women have been found. I'd love to see those.
      >
      > Margaret Northwode
    • Susan B. Farmer
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
        Quoting "Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn" <malvoisine@...>:

        > I can think of two English ones that I have in books, I will see if I
        > can find them online & give you some links. Glad you liked it...
        > Margaret
        > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather M
        > <margaretnorthwode@f...> wrote:
        >> Now that's just a great find, Margaret! The article mentions that
        > other
        >> portraits of pregnant women have been found. I'd love to see those.
        >>
        >> Margaret Northwode

        Ladies Margaret, :-)

        I have 2 -- the first I snarfed off the web *somewhere* and can't find
        the original, or I'd point you there
        http://epee.goldsword.com/sfarmer/SCA/Paintings/bronzinoFollower_EleanorToledo.jpg

        appears to be a pregnant Eleanor of Toledo. The second image is here
        http://www.kingstudio.it/pagine%20Abiti%20ricostriti/regina-abito.htm

        I have a larger copy, but I can't put my hands on it right now.

        I can't wait to see the others!

        Jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...
        University of Tennessee
      • Susan B. Farmer
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
          There's another one by Gheeraerts on this page -- the lady in white, and
          a later (ca. 1620) lady in red.

          <http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/ArtistWorks?cgroupid=999999961&artistid=206&page=1>

          Jerusha
          -----