Re: Boar bristles

  • Marc Carlson
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret
      Hepburn" <malvoisine@y...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know of a source to purchase boar bristles?
      > Thanks,
      > Margaret Hepburn

      Not off hand.

      Some sources were mentioned a while back on the medievalshoemaking
      yahoogroup, and it comes up every so often on the HCC forum.

      Marc/Diarmaid
      (when I run out I'm screwed).
    • Jonathan L Murphy
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
        They have them at my Chicago area shoe repair wholesaler. When I asked,
        they weren't sure but they looked and they did have them. They said only
        the old timers ask for them and they aren't around much any more :(. I'll
        check on quantity and price.

        Jon

      • Lyle H. Gray
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
          On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Jonathan L Murphy wrote:

          > They have them at my Chicago area shoe repair wholesaler.
          > When I asked, they weren't sure but they looked and they did
          > have them. They said only the old timers ask for them and
          > they aren't around much any more :(. I'll check on quantity
          > and price.

          I'd be interested in that information as well -- I can use them
          for bookbinding.

          And find out who the supplier is... ;-)

          Lyle

          --
          Lyle H. Gray
          gray@... -- text only, please
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
            On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Lyle H. Gray wrote:

            > On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Jonathan L Murphy wrote:
            >
            > > They have them at my Chicago area shoe repair wholesaler.
            > > When I asked, they weren't sure but they looked and they did
            > > have them. They said only the old timers ask for them and
            > > they aren't around much any more :(. I'll check on quantity
            > > and price.
            >
            > I'd be interested in that information as well -- I can use them
            > for bookbinding.
            >
            > And find out who the supplier is... ;-)

            Of course, since you mentioned that it's a _wholesaler_, they
            probably are...

            Lyle

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
              I'll get the info but they told me when they're gone, they're gone. Depending
              on price and quantity, I'll see if I can clean them out and offer them to
              like minded folks here and such.

              Jon