Q- pattens...?

  • liz bradford
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
      Greetings All,

      I am in the planning stages to make a pair of hinged
      pattens to protect my turnshoes...any ideas on the
      kind of wood I should use?

      Many Thanks,
      Lysebet

      Yahoo! for Good
    • Lyle H. Gray
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
        On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, liz bradford wrote:

        > I am in the planning stages to make a pair of hinged pattens
        > to protect my turnshoes...any ideas on the kind of wood I
        > should use?

        _Shoes and Pattens_ lists alder or willow/poplar as most common,
        although they did cite one example made of beech, and there is a
        written note about aspen that is not suitable for use for
        archery.

        Basically, light-weight hardwood...

        Lyle

        --