Re: seeking music mss

  • Wendy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2005
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia J Ley <cley@j...> wrote:
      > any thoughts, short of a transatlantic flight to the Bodleian
      Library?

      I could be wrong, but I think the Oxford manuscript really is the only
      source for "Miri it is" -- it's MS. Rawlinson G.22, which I don't see
      online at the DIAA site. One of the book-form reproductions will
      probably be your best bet for the original notation, unless someone's
      got better Google skills than I do and can find an image online!
      Alternatively, you could get in touch with Al Cofrin, who publishes an
      early music "fake book" that includes "Miri it is," and ask him if he
      worked from an original version...

      -Sabine de Kerbriant