Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Question on Heraldry (one more call of assistance)

  • gedney@OPTONLINE.NET
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 26, 2005
      > Again thanks all for your help and input!!
      > I need one other thing: I need CHARGES!! Any and all links you
      > might
      > have to any and all charges... I need as many as I can get... I
      > have a
      > few links already (and please lets not bring up all the books at
      > this
      > point) but I'm having troubles with finding more than just the
      > same "standard" images so I'm thinking if I ask around I'll be
      > able to
      > widen my search... so feel free to drop me e-mails with links and
      > all
      > or post them etc... and always any and all help is appreciated!

      I use this:

      http://www.heraldryclipart.com/main.html

      The drawing style for the charges is sometimes heavily Victorian,
      but they have a huge variety of charges.

      Capt Elias
      Dragonship Haven, East
      (Stratford, CT, USA)

      -Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas

      - Help! I am being pecked to death by the Ducks of Dilletanteism!
      There are SO damn many more things I want to try in the SCA
      than I can possibly have time for. It's killing me!!!

      Upon the hempen tackle ship-boys climbing;
      Hear the shrill whistle which doth order give
      To sounds confused; behold the threaden sails,
      Borne with the invisible and creeping wind,
      Draw the huge bottoms through the furrow'd sea,
      Breasting the lofty surge: O, do but think
      You stand upon the ravage and behold
      A city on the inconstant billows dancing;
      For so appears this fleet majestical,
      Holding due course to Harfleur.
      - Shakespeare - Henry V, Act III, Prologue