Re: [Authentic_SCA] thoughts on tents

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 3, 2005
      At 5:57 AM -0700 8/26/05, Andrea Huwydd Lycsenbwrg wrote:
      >Now that the summer camping season is over (alas, for
      >mundane personal reasons I was unable to do anything
      >medieval....) I'm thinking about next year, and what I
      >want to do for a tent. I'm leaning toward a wedge,
      >but there seem to be a number of possibilities in that
      >line. I want something authentic for 10th-13th
      >century Gwynnedd, which given the evidence (I think it
      >can be summarized as "They had tents.")

      <snip>

      This thread kick-started me to get my article on medieval Welsh
      references to tents and other temporary shelters onto my web page.
      It can be found at:

      <http://www.heatherrosejones.com/simplearticles/welshtents.html>

      (Or, if I've screwed that up somehow, just go to the "what's new"
      page from my homepage.)

      As you note above, it doesn't have a great deal of practical hands-on
      information, but it provides a certain amount of historic context.

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****
      Heather Rose Jones