Red Cabbage dyestuff color

  • Catelli, Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Red cabbage--great indicator, not-so-great dyestuff.
      iirc, it turns cloth to a sort of purply lint color, like the white underwear you didn't sort out from the new red shirt and, later, the new blue jeans. This was on cotton.

      But if you've got any leftover cabbage juice & some scraps of fabric, try it out for yourself.

      I wouldn't recommend trying a garment for the first go with even commercial dyestuff.

      Ann in CT