Wagon

  • Galenda
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      I have uploaded a picture of the wagon we are making so far. It is
      the wagon folder.

      It uses dowels and glue for the construction. The seats that are
      going in will be able to move from the sides to the middle to create
      a flat sleeping area.

      I am covering the sides and top with fabric that I have just
      finished dyeing.

      As time and money permit, I will upgrade the fabric, but I had to
      use what I have right now. I will have pics and diagrams when we
      finish figuring out how to connect the wood axle's to the base and
      how to push/pull it. We are trying to mimic a smaller version of
      mid 15th century wagons, but I think it is looking a little later
      than I want.

      With the fabric covering it, it should hide a multitude of errors
      and we can correct as we go.

      Once we have a few lessons learned, I will draw up the plans. It is
      coming together pretty inexpensively so far.

      galenda