Re: Silk in 16th century Persia

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 27, 2005
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Erik Hansen <asbjorneh@g...> wrote:
      > Anyone have
      > experience with the acid dye. Are the results better then with the
      > Procion dyes?
      Vegetable (linen, cotton, ramie, hemp) fibers and animal (wool, silk)
      fibers behave differently. YES, use the acid dyes if you're dyeing silk.
      I used them on habotai and silk twill from Dharma Trading court
      clothing and got excellent results
      http://www.geocities.com/wodeford/Makiwara.jpg.

      Jehanne de Wodeford
    • wodeford