Re: Appropriate uses for yellow wool???

  • m d b
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 23, 2005
      I'd
      > like to make the garb from a time period when yellow actually would
      > have been used as a color for clothing. I suspect I'll eventually
      > turn some of it into a 16th c. Flemish (dress), or perhaps a
      > late-period Italian working-woman's dress (yellow showing up in genre
      > paintings featuring either type), but I'd love to do something
      earlier
      > with the other half of the yardage. The idea being that not only do
      > have a neat outfit, but that it be as authentic in the details as
      > possible.

      Well for later you calso can't go past German;) Early 16thC German
      garb is stuffed full of yellow goodness. Saxon style, Swiss styles...
      it's all good.
      http://costumes.glittersweet.com/sca/1520.htm

      And then you can also go for the large sleeved Lowlands style gown:
      http://costumes.glittersweet.com/sca/yellowflemish.htm

      I'm sure I've seen some late 14thC yellow garb as well, but I can't be
      sure where. I know I've seen orange and blue (not on the same figure
      just yet from that time.)

      Willemyne of the scarey bright garb.
      http://glittersweet.com