Re: 14th century hosen

  • lilinah@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 2, 2005
      Laura Morgan wrote:
      >I am not sure that they made a distinction between fulling and
      >felting...anybody know? I always was under the impression that
      >there were just different degrees of fulling....

      There is a clear distinction between felting and fulling.

      Felting is done with somewhat cleaned wool, which has been carded to
      align the fibers. The felting process takes essentially raw fiber and
      creates a textile from it.

      Fulling is done to an already created textile - such as weaving,
      knitting, etc. - made of wool yarn.
      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita