Re: La Varenne's 1650's cookbook

  • Huette von Ahrens
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      > Message: 17
      > Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:20:23 -0000
      > From: "Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn"
      > <malvoisine@...>
      > Subject: La Varenne's 1650's cookbook
      >
      > For anyone who might be interested, there is a
      > digital version online
      > available on the University of Barcelona's library
      > website at
      > http://www.bib.ub.es/grewe/showbook.pl?gw023
      > 'endavant' is what to select if you want to look
      > through the book (I
      > presume it means next page or something of the
      > sort). This is a French
      > language version of it. I haven't found an original
      > English
      > translation on line yet.
      >
      > BTW, this is a great website, there are several SCA
      > period books on it.
      >
      > Toujours a vos ordres,
      > Margaret Hepburn

      Yes, that is a good website. An even better one is
      this:

      http://www.thousandeggs.com/cookbooks.html

      which has links to the website you mention and to
      many, many others all over the internet. The site
      owner is Cindy Renfrew of "Take a Thousand Eggs or
      More" fame.

      Huette
      Caid

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs