La Varenne's 1650's cookbook

  • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      For anyone who might be interested, there is a digital version online
      available on the University of Barcelona's library website at
      http://www.bib.ub.es/grewe/showbook.pl?gw023
      'endavant' is what to select if you want to look through the book (I
      presume it means next page or something of the sort). This is a French
      language version of it. I haven't found an original English
      translation on line yet.

      BTW, this is a great website, there are several SCA period books on it.

      Toujours a vos ordres,
      Margaret Hepburn
    • Huette von Ahrens
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        > Message: 17
        > Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:20:23 -0000
        > From: "Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn"
        > <malvoisine@...>
        > Subject: La Varenne's 1650's cookbook
        >
        > For anyone who might be interested, there is a
        > digital version online
        > available on the University of Barcelona's library
        > website at
        > http://www.bib.ub.es/grewe/showbook.pl?gw023
        > 'endavant' is what to select if you want to look
        > through the book (I
        > presume it means next page or something of the
        > sort). This is a French
        > language version of it. I haven't found an original
        > English
        > translation on line yet.
        >
        > BTW, this is a great website, there are several SCA
        > period books on it.
        >
        > Toujours a vos ordres,
        > Margaret Hepburn

        Yes, that is a good website. An even better one is
        this:

        http://www.thousandeggs.com/cookbooks.html

        which has links to the website you mention and to
        many, many others all over the internet. The site
        owner is Cindy Renfrew of "Take a Thousand Eggs or
        More" fame.

        Huette
        Caid

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs