Re: [Authentic_SCA] Updated Database!

  • jeffrey.heilveil@ndsu.edu
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
      Despina said:
      > Honest. I've seen a camp cook who would have probably kissed someone
      > to make that offer to him. :)

      Most undoubtedly being said cook in question, I would have GLADLY fed
      someone for free if they had helped clean up after meals when I was
      cooking for Autocrat's camp at Pennsic.

      In fact, if I know ahead of time for an event, I'm always willing to feed
      someone who'll clean up for me. I like cooking. I'm a Master Cook. Note
      that the title is NOT Master Dish Washer. :-)

      Bogdan
      Jeffrey S. Heilveil, Ph.D.
      Postdoctoral Fellow
      Department of Biological Sciences
      North Dakota State University
      Stevens Hall
      Fargo, ND 58105
      jeffrey.heilveil@...
    • Adele de Maisieres
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
        Amy Heilveil wrote:

        >Even if you can only cut
        >

        >>veggies, its that much less that the head cook might have to do :D
        >>

        >OMGoodness, you wouldn't believe the joy a cook would have at a
        >camping event if a single person walked up and volunteered to do the
        >evening meals dishes in exchange for food, or babysitting, or
        >embroidery, or sewing, or a new chair, or any number of things.

        How about "I will do a share of camp dishes if I get to eat."?

        Should be frickin' compulsory.

        --
        Adele de Maisieres

        -----------------------------
        Habeo metrum - musicamque,
        hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
        -Georgeus Gershwinus
        -----------------------------
      • Lady_Lark_Azure
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
          > Most undoubtedly being said cook in question, I would have GLADLY fed
          > someone for free if they had helped clean up after meals when I was
          > cooking for Autocrat's camp at Pennsic.
          >
          > In fact, if I know ahead of time for an event, I'm always willing to
          feed
          > someone who'll clean up for me. I like cooking. I'm a Master Cook.
          Note
          > that the title is NOT Master Dish Washer. :-)

          I am SO with you on that one. I think my brother has the best
          arrangement in the world. He loves to cook, his wife doesn't. He
          cooks, she does the dishes. <sigh> If only I could get so lucky!

          You know, though, that gives me an idea of how to recruit my cleanup
          crew for our November event.

          Isabeau
        • Melissa
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
            > Most undoubtedly being said cook in question, I would have GLADLY fed
            > someone for free if they had helped clean up after meals when I was
            > cooking for Autocrat's camp at Pennsic.
            >
            > In fact, if I know ahead of time for an event, I'm always willing to
            feed
            > someone who'll clean up for me. I like cooking. I'm a Master Cook.
            Note
            > that the title is NOT Master Dish Washer. :-)
            >
            > Bogdan

            Well sir, if we're ever at the same event (us Oregonians/An Tirians
            don't get out to your parts much :D) I will gladly help out in any way
            I can for some of your food (which I've only seen in booklets thus
            far, but my mouth was watering even then)

            -Elspeth