Barter... Hmmm..

  • llewin@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      I have to add my voice to the "I love the idea but." pool.

      My lady and I are relatively new to the SCA (playing for 2 years, just attended our 5th event).
      We've begun to get much more involved recently but my skills are far from journeyman quality!

      I am almost finished with two chairs patterned after those shown at the house greydragon website (the collapsible ones that are all neat and 'throne-ish' and I think I've got it down but I havent done any wordworking before this since 7th grade and I made a number of 'silly idiot' mistakes...

      I can sew garb, even in period style and cut if its early 't-tunic with lots of gores' sort of things but I've not stretched beyond that and 'mongol pants or viking pants' yet. My next experient is going to be an early cotehardie for my persona... being a traveling grownup around 1325 or so but the idea of any sort of 'fitted garment' makes me nervous *grin*...

      I am also making mead and wine... Hmmm.. I DID just win a brewing competition 'best in category' at a Shire-level event in Wyewood (kingdom of an tir)... I suppose I could trade bottles of mead though I'm running low on the winning batch and anything else is a at *LEAST* 6 months away from drinkable...

      perhaps added to the list could be 'modern skills items and services' as well, tradeable for period services and items?

      I do love the idea however.

      ~Llewin ap ??? (working with a herald on something I can submit successfully!

      --
      Yours In Service to the Dream,

      Llewin ap Heddbrynyn

      http://www.sca.org/

      Message: 5
      Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:09:17 -0000
      From: "Iolanthe" <darklyviolet@...>
      Subject: Re: Ah, bartering --an idea

      I think it's a great idea. I'd love to take part, but I don't think I have any
      skills worth bartering with.

      Iolanthe

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Lady_Lark_Azure"