1460-1470 German manuscripts (art resources)

  • Marion McNealy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2005
      Ran across this today and thought I'd share the wealth.

      All of these manuscripts have pictures of one or more of the following:
      - armor and men fighting
      - men and women in clothes
      - hats and headdresses
      - hearldry
      - interior scenes
      - horses

      These are from the University of Heildberg.
      http://www.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/helios/fachinfo/www/kunst/digi/engl_welcome.html

      Ordinarily I'd just point you to the menu page and say go for it, but this site is not terribly easy to navigate, so I've posted detailed links to the individual books.

      Instructions
      1- Click on a link to take you to a codex
      2- Click on Einband vorne in the Inhalt section
      3- Click on the - sign at the top of the page
      4- You will now see thumbnails (usually the first set is the blank pages at the beginning of the book)
      5- Click on the > to take you to the next set of thumbnails
      6- Click on a thumbnail to take you to the detail image.

      Illuminated Bible from 1477
      Mose, Josua, Richter, Ruth
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg16
      Könige, Paralipomenon I und II, Esra, Tobias, Judith, Esther, Hiob
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg17
      Psalter, Parabole, Ecclesiastes, Cantica canticorum, Sapienta, Ecclesiasticus, Propheten
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg18

      1470 - Cod. Pal. germ. 67
      Sigenot Stuttgart (?) - Werkstatt Ludwig Henfflin
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg67

      1460 - Cod. Pal. germ. 137
      Martinus Oppaviensis, Chronicon pontificum et imperatorum, deutsch
      Hagenau - Werkstatt Diebold Lauber
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg137

      1442-1448 Cod. Pal. germ. 300
      Konrad von Megenberg, Buch der Natur
      Hagenau - Werkstatt Diebold Lauber
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg300

      1470 -Cod. Pal. germ. 76
      Johannes von Tepl, Der Ackermann aus Böhmen
      Stuttgart - Werkstatt Ludwig Henfflin
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg76

      1475 - Cod. Pal. germ. 142
      Pontus und Sidonia
      Stuttgart (?) - Werkstatt Ludwig Henfflin
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg142

      1470 -Cod. Pal. germ. 152
      Elisabeth von Nassau-Saarbrücken, Herpin
      Stuttgart (?) - Werkstatt Ludwig Henfflin http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg152

      1470 -Cod. Pal. germ. 345
      Lohengrin & Friedrich von Schwaben
      Stuttgart (?) - Werkstatt Ludwig Henfflin
      http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/cpg345

      1470- Cod. Pal. germ. 353
      Die Heidin
      Stuttgart - Werkstatt Ludwig Henfflin