Re: [Authentic_SCA] New fabrics at Fabric.com

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 98 , May 1, 2001
      I know that, but at $6 per yard, it's a nice nightdress and a good unseen underdress.......

      But for $5.23 a yard, you can get gorgeous linen for a nice underdress, as is right and proper... (and it's a wider yard -- 59" inches, not 44")

      And for $5.49 a yard (55" wide), you could get 8mm China silk!

      Why waste your money on junk is what I'm saying...  Silk noil is the scraps off the silk cocoon shed floor.

      Kass
      not affiliated with either website...
    • caoilte
      Message 98 of 98 , May 7, 2001
        Bob Davis wrote:

        > fsjlb4@... wrote:
        >
        > > What do other people think? Is the volume too high? Any suggestions of
        > > how we might bring the volume down so that people don't neccessarily have
        > > to worry about their e-mail boxes exploding every day?
        >
        > In a word, yes, the volume is too much. I only get to check my email
        > every other day, at best. I tried to set my subscription to web-only,
        > but Yahoo's being cantankerous, and I can't get rid of it. It's driving
        > me NUTS. I haven't seen this kind of volume since the early days of
        > FidoNET, where you'd regularly get 1000-message QWK packets. ;-)
        >
        > I still love y'all, but I can't take it any more. I'm gonna go play in
        > traffic.
        >
        > --

        Maybe we should have an "Ask the authenticists" list for those people who want
        information? That way we can keep this high volume community type list and
        have a resource list to assist people with questions to ask? I don't know if
        it would help. We might just get two high volume lists.

        Dorje