An Introduction

  • cslemke2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
      Hello all,
      Eric MacTavish here I've been a SCAidian for just about 15 years
      (some time off her and there) I recently retuned from Drachenwald
      (well I guess '99 is kind of recent) and am now located in the
      Barony of the Flame in the Middle Kingdom (Ft Knox Ky.)I have found
      myself more and more sliding along that line of authenticy-fun-maven
      and thought hat this would be an interesting group. As for my
      authenticy...yes.. as of the moment my biggest sin is my tent (10
      man cabin) but Im as-we-speak starting to build a "Tinker's" wagon
      for my lady and myself for a more "period" encampment. I'm hoping to
      find interesting pointers on cooking camping and general all around
      advice on "period" sca-ing...(did that make any sense? LOL)
      I enjoy Archery (target I no longer can do combat due to injury),
      bardic (story telling mostly, I do both period tails and SCAidian
      lore, and am in the middle of creating a "book of tails" so if you
      have any good SCA lore stories please send them in!!!), I also play
      the Bodhran (fairly well), wood carving, and some illumination
      mostly in the Celtic style.
      My lady/wife Keely the Tinker is a master cook an is now interested
      in period cookery and primarily illusion foods and subtitles along
      with bardic
      We both belong to a Italian renaissance Comedia Del Arte troop
      within the SCA known as "i Scandali" we perform period Italian
      Street theater... well thats enough fro an introduction for now I
      believe!

      Eric MacTavish