Re: [Authentic_SCA] Early German?

  • Kristen Dahle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2005
      Dear Elsbeth,

      Welcome to this list, the SCA, and the lovely kingdom of An Tir!

      Your sunburn problem may not be too low a neckline--it may be a lack of wimple and veil. I never go without mine anymore, especially outdoors (I've even been known to wear mine while gardening around my house--linen is cooler than sunblock). If we end up at the same event anytime soon, I'd be happy to let you play with my veils, and I've been known to give away a yard or so of linen to ladies just so they'll be dressed safely and appropriately. :)

      If you can/are willing to drive a little bit, there are lots of medium-sized events within a few hours of you happening in the next few weekends. I'd especially encourage you to come up to the Celebration at Chepstow in Orting, Washington, this weekend. It's put on by the Shire of Wyewood, a group of people who know how to have fun as well as eating and dressing well. Unfortunately, it's too late to sign up for their feast, but there will be lots of other cool things going on. I will be there unless my sister goes into labor.

      If you're interested in veils, local events, etc., you're welcome to write to me off list at kjdahle at comcast dot net.

      Pax Vobiscum,
      Maitresse Elisabeth de Besancon (also known as Elisa or the hat lady)
      Minister of Arts and Sciences, Barony of Glymm Mere