Re: Welcomes

  • Mark Calderwood
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2001
      Welcome to Elizabeth and Elizabeth :o) from Politarchopolis, and Catalina
      from Aneala, I'm glad to have some more countrymen on the list. I hope your
      stay on the list will be enlightening and enjoyable!

      Welcome also to Thorkell from Southron Guard- you sound like you're doing
      similar stuff to me at the moment, what country "viking" are you looking
      at? Can you recommend a good "teach yourself tablet weaving even if you are
      a ham-fisted moron" book? I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and
      learn some...

      Giles de Laval
      The Wildes West of Rowany, Lochac
    • unclrashid@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Mark Calderwood <mark-c@a...> wrote:
        > Welcome to Elizabeth and Elizabeth :o) from Politarchopolis, and
        Catalina
        > from Aneala, I'm glad to have some more countrymen on the list. I
        hope your
        > stay on the list will be enlightening and enjoyable!

        YEs, welcome, and I've been meaning to say how much I love the name
        Politarchopolis.. It sounds so exotic. Seems redolent with oriental
        spices and trade with the heathen and whatnot. I'm from the East
        kingdom, boringest name that ever there was.

        Rashid
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2001
           I'm from the East kingdom, boringest name that ever there was.

          Rashid

          But will you be coming to Pennsic?

          Despina
        • Steven Proctor
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2001
            Well, OK. It is on the boring side. But it is steeped in ancient
            traditions, and has the additional virtue of being easy to say when
            you're thunderously drunk..... :-D

            Morgan

            --
            Gaping from its single obling socket was scintillating, many fauceted
            scarlet emerald, a brilliant gem seeming to possess a life all of its
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2001
              > Well, OK. It is on the boring side. But it is steeped in ancient
              > traditions, and has the additional virtue of being easy to say when
              > you're thunderously drunk..... :-D

              ...or thunderously sober, since that is the time when I find it most
              difficult to speak... or at least to correctly pronounce "Civil War".

              Kass
            • Steven Proctor
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2001
                But she could still say 'Drink Weyerbacher from her belly button'... :-D

                Morgan

                ...you really didn't think I was gonna let *that* pass, did you hon?...

                Message 7 of 8 , May 2, 2001
                  > But she could still say 'Drink Weyerbacher from her belly button'... :-D

                  It was important, Morgan...

                  > ...you really didn't think I was gonna let *that* pass, did you hon?...

                  I'd rather hoped you wouldn't!

                  Kass
                • roswtr@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2001
                    Eh, it's not that bad, Rashid. Once upon a time, the West Kingdom was
                    known as "The Mists." Now, the Mists is a principality (and a
                    province), and we're stuck with "The West." Blech.

                    Rose