New fabrics at Fabric.com

  • Jeanne Harney
    Message 1 of 98 , May 1, 2001
      OHMY...I don't know if any of you get the newsletter but today they added
      some gorgeous fabrics to the site. How would you feel about a 53% silk/47%
      cotton blend for $3.85/yard, or 18 patterns of raw silk for $6.85/yard?

      Supposedly the wools hit tomorrow...these are all in the couturier section,
      and are limited in quantity. Not all of them are in "period" patterns,
      etc...but I sew mundanely too!

      Here's the blurb from the newsletter...

      We have some very unusual new fabrics. I was able to purchase the entire
      fabric collection of one of
      America's finest couturier women's wear manufacturers. Sorry, I can not
      mention the name if I ever
      want to get their fabrics again. These are as lovely and unique fabrics as
      we have ever received.
      Most are European. They are the types of fabrics that, if you ever found in
      a shop, would cost
      you and arm and a leg. Unfortunately, quantities on most of the items are
      quite limited so I apologize in
      advance if you do not get what you want. We are adding the fabrics in
      groups. Today, it is silk, wool/rayon,
      and cotton. We have put them all in 1 section at
      http://store.yahoo.com/phoenixtextiles/coutfas.html
      Tomorrow (I hope), it will be linen, worsted wools, velvet, etc.

      Feeling a bit virtuous for telling you all about it BEFORE I buy all I
      want...

      Jeanne
    • caoilte
      Message 98 of 98 , May 7, 2001
        Bob Davis wrote:

        > fsjlb4@... wrote:
        >
        > > What do other people think? Is the volume too high? Any suggestions of
        > > how we might bring the volume down so that people don't neccessarily have
        > > to worry about their e-mail boxes exploding every day?
        >
        > In a word, yes, the volume is too much. I only get to check my email
        > every other day, at best. I tried to set my subscription to web-only,
        > but Yahoo's being cantankerous, and I can't get rid of it. It's driving
        > me NUTS. I haven't seen this kind of volume since the early days of
        > FidoNET, where you'd regularly get 1000-message QWK packets. ;-)
        >
        > I still love y'all, but I can't take it any more. I'm gonna go play in
        > traffic.
        >
        > --

        Maybe we should have an "Ask the authenticists" list for those people who want
        information? That way we can keep this high volume community type list and
        have a resource list to assist people with questions to ask? I don't know if
        it would help. We might just get two high volume lists.

        Dorje