elderflower cordial

  • Maggie Forest
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2005
      just as a note, since I'm a)fond of the drink and b)make it myself,
      it's to a very large extent lemon and sugar with the additional
      flavouring of the elder flowers. So for all intents an purposes it's a
      flavoured lemonade. :-D

      You can also make a lovely cordial [1] from elderberry, which is a
      very specific taste too. And of course you make sambuca from them;
      'sambuca niger' being the latin name of the tree. It's all very
      simple, and elder being so prolific, an easy thing to do yourself.

      /maggie
      [1] cordial to me is a non-alcoholic syrup that is diluted to drink. I
      understand this is not the case for everyone.