New Thread # ?

  • DawnsHebog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      Hey there,
      Anybody have any advice for running an indoor winter tourney?
      The theme is way Early Germanic, but I have been told night mares of the
      logistic problems of running a "holmganga."
      I would like to do a double elimination, then a traditional slot fights to
      the finals, but I don't want it to seem to much like a "bear pit."
      Any good advice in general? Any good advice in specific?
      The underlying theme is Christmas/Yuletide, so I was wandering if anyone had
      read any accounts of an actual medieval tourney at this time of year? If so,
      did it describe the tourney, or just mention it.
      Being in the pre-period, i haven't gotten to any medieval fighting manuals
      yet. (Persona development is such a fun dredge thru the timeline. I love the
      piles of books i try to put back for the librarians, or at least in their
      original section.)
      Our local library no longer lists anything on the topic, which is sad.
      Thank you one, and all for you time, ahead of time,
      Hawk

      Iameverperplexedbythesimplicityofcomplication.