Everydays gear

  • Andrés Trujillo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      Hi!

      I'm looking for advice on my garb (around 1377). Until now, I have
      concentrated on my clothing.
      As I'm being almost ready with that,I began to wonder, what was
      carried along side in everydays live.
      There is a beltpouch, which might be filled with a comb, a money
      pouch, dices (for a soldier), maybe a sperate 'almosenbeutel (money
      for the poor). From what I have read, the content of the pounch would
      vary on occasion.
      A Dagger was carried (which was in my case a 'Basilar' or
      a 'Nierendolch').
      I have read, that a spoon and a knife was part of gear used to carry
      around (but on every occasion!?).
      A pilgrimsbag was carrier to carry personal stuff (again: what kind
      of stuff) when on the march (as an infatry man)to war, as would a
      clay flask at that time.

      I'm quit confused by the different or totally missing information
      regarding this topic and would appreciate help.

      With best regards,

      Andrés