Introduction

  • Andrés Trujillo
    Message 1 of 113 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hello!

      As I'm new to this newsgroup, I'd like to introduce myself.
      My name is Andrés Trujillo, 33 years old and working as a system
      adminstrator for a major company in germany.

      As for the 14th century, I'm trying to represent a german
      sergeant-at-arms in the year 1377. This might be city militia or a
      lesser noble from the town I live in in the later case or the city of
      Duisburg, which is nearby (and was founded in the late 9th century).
      I have done quit some reading about military history and battles of
      that
      time, but I'm somewhat lacking civil information (but I'm working on
      that for some time now).
      Sewing my owne gear, I have almost complete my full civil clothing.
      Besides that I have done some furnitur work (basic stuff, a bench and
      two chests).
      I hope, that until the end of the year I have acceptable (civil) gear.
      There still a lot of questions regarding stuff like armor and
      everydays
      gear.

      With best regards,

      Andrés
    • KaraM
      Message 113 of 113 , Oct 20, 2012
        Hello Lidia,

        I am relatively new to the SCA and I love the Tudor time period as well. I'm from the East Kingdom my SCA name is Anna Tailor. I'm very serious about using period materials and patterns and I would love to chat about garb and everything else Tudor. I have 2 small children whom I absolutely love to dress up in middle class Tudor garb however, I haven't gotten around to making much nice things for myself. I've made some Italian Ren garb (because I was pregnant and the underbust cut works well with an ever expanding belly. But now that I am done having children for a least a little while I would like to get into to garb that I joined the SCA for!

        Anna Tailor